Monday, January 04, 2016
Probable Cause Of Monday Morning's Nnewi Petrol Station Fire Outbreak
Reports coming in from the scene of the Fire Outbreak suggests that one of the pump attendants at the petrol station was busy dispensing petrol from the nuzzle of the fuel dispenser just at the time that the petrol tanker was offloading fuel into the underground tank.
Of course, that is a very unsafe way of working in a highly combustible environment like the filling station.
It is like some motorist who would not or would forget to turn of the engine of their vehicles when they come to buy petrol from nearby filling stations. Our people should be more careful and understand safety guidelines for all places.
You will recall that in the wee hours of Monday morning, Nnewi again witnessed a fire incidence at a local filling station in the city centre.
See more photos cuts below>>>