Saturday, February 13, 2016

Watford FC Striker, Odion Ighalo Rejects N90M / £300K Per Week Pay

#SeriousMata
#Sports

Nigerian international and Watford FC Striker rejected a mouth watering offer of nearly £300,000 a week to move to the Chinese Super League.

Going by the present Pounds to Naira exchange rate, that is appoximately N90, 000, 000 per week.

ALSO READ: I Built Aso Rock And I Wonder Who The Current Landlord Is? - IBB Asks Buhari

A number of big-name players have signed for Chinese clubs, with Jiangsu Suning paying Chelsea £25 million for Ramires and Shakhtar Donetsk £38.5m for Alex Teixeira, while Guangzhou Evergrande landed Jackson Martinez for £32m.

The Daily Mail reports that Hebei China Fortune, who signed Gael Kakuta on Friday, attempted to secure the signature of Ighalo, who has scored 14 Premier League goals this season.

The Nigeria international said: "I was very close. They made a £10m bid and were offering me over £200,000 a week; a four-year contract. I couldn't sleep for three days.

"That kind of money is not easy to turn down. Some teammates in the dressing room were saying, 'You can't miss this chance.' But I don't jump into decisions like that.

"I prayed about it, and God said it was not for me, no matter how much money it was. I knew God would direct me. When I said I don't want to go, they offered me more money, almost £300,000 a week. I told them it's not about the money."

Ighalo, who not too long ago signed a new five-year contract at Watford in September, added: "They have called again and I have turned them down again. Maybe if I keep scoring goals, that team will come with triple the money at the end of the season. When the time is right to go to China I will know. If it's for me it will come to pass.

"When I was in Ajegunle, I was watching the Premier League, dreaming one day I would be part of it. If I keep doing what I'm doing I can enjoy my football in England for four, five or six years.

"I helped this team to promotion. How can I leave because of money? I know money is good. With that sort of money I can secure my life. But you can't sell your dream."

Can you imagine making ninety million naira every week for four years. #SeriousMata



Source :http://m.espn.go.com/



Posted via #SeriousMata

No comments:

Reliable and Professional Webhosting @ N93/Month. Limited Period Offer!

Reliable Web Hosting in Nigeria by DomainKing.NG